In a building, controlled mechanical ventilation (abbreviated CMV) is a system used to ensure air renewal in rooms, especially the so-called damp rooms: bathrooms, toilets, kitchens...
There are several different versions of CMV:
- SF = single-flow (only extraction) ;
- DF = double-flow (extraction and intake, with heat recovery) ;
- hygro = (SF or DF) hygro-regulated = hygrometric control (by sensor) ;
- hygro-A = single-flow (only extraction) with hygrometric control of extraction vents (vent for incoming fresh air auto-adjusted at a constant flow) ;
- hygro-B = single-flow (only extraction) with hygrometric control of vents for extraction and incoming fresh air.